Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sambhar dosa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sambhar dosa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are looking for a fast snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be more healthy with whole grain chips and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than highly processed grains present in white bread.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily available. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sambhar dosa recipe. To cook sambhar dosa you need 38 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Sambhar dosa:
- Take of For sambhar.
- You need 1/2 cup of toovar (arhar) dal.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Get 1.5-1.75 cups of water or add as required.
- Provide of For tamarind pulp:.
- You need 1/3 cup of hot water.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Tamarind.
- Provide of For sambhar vegetables:.
- Prepare 1-1.5 cups of cleaned and chopped vegetables like okra, french beans, potatoes, small round brinjals, pumpkin.
- Get 1-2 of drumsticks, scraped and chopped in 3 to 4 inches sticks.
- Prepare 1 of small to medium tomato diced.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need of salt as required.
- Provide 1.5 cups of water or add as required.
- Use 1-1.5 tablespoons of sambar masala powder.
- You need of For tempering.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- Get 1-2 of dry red chillies – halved and seeds removed.
- Provide 10-12 of curry leaves.
- Take 2 pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- You need of For Dosa:.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice.
- Use 1 cup of urad daal.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 3-4 tablespoon of Oil.
- Take of For potato preparation.
- You need 1 cup of Boiled potato.
- Provide of Chopped onion 1 number.
- You need of Chopped green chilly 1 number.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Get 1 pinch of Asafoetida (Hing).
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Chopped coriander.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds.
- Use of Curry leaves 10-12 number.
Steps to make Sambhar dosa:
- For the preparation of sambhar:. soak 1 tablespoon tamarind in ⅓ cup hot water for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Once the tamarind gets soft, then squeeze the tamarind in the water itself. discard the strained tamarind and keep the tamarind pulp aside..
- Rinse ½ cup tuvar dal (100 grams) a couple of times in water.
- Drain all the water and add the dal in a 2 litre pressure cooker. also add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder..
- Add 1.5 to 1.75 cups water and mix. cover and pressure cook dal for 7 to 8 whistles or 10 to 12 minutes on medium flame. when the pressure settles down on its own, open the lid and check the dal. the dal should be completely cooked and mushy..
- Mash the dal with a spoon or wired whisk. cover and keep aside. you can see the consistency of dal in the pic below..
- When the dal is pressure cooking – rinse, peel and chop the vegetables. take 1 to 1.5 cups chopped vegetables in a pan or pot. also add 6 to 7 pearl onions or 1 small to medium onion (thickly sliced) and 1 small to medium tomato (quartered)..
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder and salt as per taste. adding kashmiri red chili powder is optional and can be skipped. add 1.5 to 2 cups water and stir. keep the pan on a stove top and begin to cook vegetables on a medium-low to medium flame. in between do check when the vegetables are cooking..
- Cook till the vegetables are almost done. ensure that you don’t over cook the vegetables..
- Once the vegetables are almost cooked, then add the tamarind pulp and 1 to 1.5 tablespoons sambar powder. mix well. add the mashed dal. mix again very well. simmer on a medium-low flame till it comes to a boil. you will see a frothy layer on top when the sambar begins boiling. at this step switch off flame. cover and keep aside..
- For tempering of sambhar. in a small pan or tadka pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil. add ½ tsp mustard seeds. let the mustard seeds crackle. then add 1 to 2 dry red chillies (halved and seeds removed). immediately add 10 to 12 curry leaves, and 2 pinches of asafoetida (hing). fry them till the red chilies change color and curry leaves become crisp. immediately add this tempering mixture in the hot sambar. cover the pan with its lid for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the sambhar hot with Dosa or idli..
- For the preparation of Dosa. Wash the rice and urad daal well. fill enough water in the rice-daal bowl to cover them about 2-inch deep. Soak overnight..
- For preparation of potato filling. Mash the boiled potato in a bowl. Now in a non stick pan add oil mustard seeds, curry leaves and let it crackl. Now add chopped onion, chopped green chillies and saute it for a couple of seconds to this add pinch of Hing, red chilli powder and turmeric mix it properly. Now add mashed boiled potatoes to it add salt and toss it well. Add chopped coriander to it and toss well..
- The next morning, drain all the water from the rice and urad daal. Now put some in a food processor and grind—adding very little water if necessary—to a smooth yet slightly grainy paste..
- When all the rice-daal mix is ground, put it into a large mixing bowl and add enough water to make a batter. The consistency of the batter should be such that it thickly coats a spoon dipped in it..
- Now add salt to taste and keep the dosa batter aside in a warm, dark spot, covered, for 6 to 8 hours. After this fermentation, stir the batter well. It is now ready to make dosa..
- Now take a non stick pan and heat it properly, sprinkle some cold water and oil on it and clean it with a piece of cloth..
- Fill the ladle up to the 3/4 level with dosa batter. Gently pour this batter onto the center of the pan a
nd rotate with a small bowl or laddle in a round shape..
- Now drizzle some oil over it let let the batter cook..
- Carefully start loosing the side with the help of spatula. Add the potato mixture in it and roll it properly. Serve hot with sambhar..
If you find this Sambhar dosa recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.