Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mom's Curry Couscous Salad recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mom's Curry Couscous Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mom's Curry Couscous Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mom's curry couscous salad recipe. You can have mom's curry couscous salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Mom's Curry Couscous Salad:
- You need of Ingredients.
- Use 1 cup of couscous, cooked and cooled.
- Get 1 can of 15.5-ounce chickpeas, drained.
- Prepare 4 of green onion tops, chopped.
- Use 2 of carrots, medium dice.
- Provide 2 of celery stalks, medium dice.
- Provide 1/2 cup of golden raisins.
- You need of Dressing.
- Use 3/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Use 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground Malabar black pepper.
- You need 4 tsp of red curry powder (McCormick).
- Use 3/4 tsp of ground allspice.
- Use 3/4 tsp of sea salt.
Steps to make Mom's Curry Couscous Salad:
- Combine the couscous, chickpeas, green onions, carrots, celery, and golden raisins in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside..
- In a separate small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper, curry powder, allspice, and sea salt. Whisk vigorously to combine..
- Add the dressing to the couscous mixture and stir to combine letting dressing coat well..
- Let the couscous salad sit in the refrigerator for the flavors to marry and serve cold..
If you find this Mom's Curry Couscous Salad recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.