Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and winter vegetable soup recipe. To cook ham and winter vegetable soup you need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- Get 2 litres of ham stock.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Provide 2 of carrots.
- Take 1 of parsnip.
- Use 1 of leek.
- Prepare 1 of medium potato.
- You need 1 of bayleaf.
- Provide 1 can of white beans, cannellini or similar.
- Take of Leftover pieces of ham or bacon lardons.
- You need of Black pepper.
Steps to make Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- If you are starting with some ham stock and the ends of a joint, strip the bone and place it in the stock and boil for about 45 minutes. Remove the bone from the stock and strip off any leftover pieces of meat, set these aside and discard the bone..
- Prepare the vegetables, peel and chop them into neat pieces, around the same size, the same way as you would for a minestrone..
- Add the vegetables to the stock together with the bayleaf and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes, then add the drained, rinsed beans and plenty of black pepper. You might not want to use all the beans, I used just over a half..
- When all the vegetables are soft – check each type – add the pieces of ham, taste for seasoning and add black pepper if needed. You won't need any salt..
- Transfer 3 or 4 ladles of soup into a jug or bowl and process with a stick blender until completely smooth, then pour back into the soup, this gives the soup a creaminess, you could leave it as more of a minestrone clear broth, or process all of it, depending on how you like your soup. Serve hot in warmed bowls..
If you find this Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.