Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more healthy feeling. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Just about the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch is not a good idea. Low fat yogurt would make a wonderful snack, however. It consists of a great deal of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is often eaten to help maintain the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by many people. Yogurt combines perfectly with nuts along with seeds. It’s an excellent way to delight in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and bean soup recipe. To make ham and bean soup you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ham and Bean Soup:
- Take 1 lb of ham rough chopped.
- You need 1 lb of dried great northern beans.
- Get 1 gallon of homemade ham stock.
- Provide 1 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped celery.
- Provide 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 2 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- Provide 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Use 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of Organic No-Salt Seasoning (Costco brand).
Instructions to make Ham and Bean Soup:
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water..
- Finely chop the carrots and celery into pieces no larger than a 1/4 inch. They should be about the same size as the beans..
- Rough chop ham into about one inch chunks. Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least 4 hours until the beans are tender..
- Once the beans are tender and the broth has started to become a bit cloudy from the beans starting to breakdown use the back of a ladle and mash a few times. This will add a slightly thicker creamier texture, an immersion blender can be used too. Serve with biscuits or cornbread..
If you find this Ham and Bean Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.