Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best South African Indian Crab Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South African Indian Crab Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A piece of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between snacks. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is often a snack a lot of people take for granted. The truth is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. You cannot beat yogurt whenever it comes to a healthy snack though. It contains tons of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help manage the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by many people. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an easy way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You will not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south african indian crab curry recipe. You can cook south african indian crab curry using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare South African Indian Crab Curry:
- Take 2 of onion, chopped fine.
- Get 3 kg of orange crabs cleaned and chopped.
- Get 3 tbsp of ginger and garlic grated.
- Provide 1 of curry leaves.
- Get 5 of green chillies.
- Use 10 of jam (rosa) tomatoes.
- Get 4 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 2 tsp of salt to start. add more after tasting.
- Take 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Use 1/4 cup of tamarind water.
Instructions to make South African Indian Crab Curry:
- In a large pot heat oil and brown onions..
- Add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and garlic.
- Place in all the crab lower to medium heat, replace the lid and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Next add in all spices, mix and cook for a further 3-4 minutes..
- Liquidise the tomatoes and and add to the pot. Add salt to taste as well as brown sugar to cut acidity.
- Mix through, replace the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes..
- Next, remove the lid, increase the heat to remove excess water from the tomatoes and thicken the gravy..
- Pour in the tamarind water and bring to the boil to finish..
- Remove from heat and leave to stand. The gravy will thicken on standing..
- Serve hot with basmati rice!.
If you find this South African Indian Crab Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.