Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Dorset Apple Cake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dorset Apple Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dorset Apple Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dorset apple cake recipe. To make dorset apple cake you need 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Dorset Apple Cake:
- Use 450 g of cooking apples.
- Provide of Juice 1/2 lemon.
- Take 225 g of stork margarine.
- Take 280 g of caster sugar.
- Get 4 of eggs.
- Use 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 2 tsp of almond extract.
- Provide 350 g of self raising flour.
- Take 1 tbsp of coconut or brown sugar.
Steps to make Dorset Apple Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a deep springform cake tin..
- Peel and thinly slice the apples. Place them in a bowl with the lemon juice and a few tablespoons of water..
- Add all of the cake ingredients (except the coconut sugar) into a mixer and blend until smooth. I warmed the marg slightly in the microwave so that it blended more smoothly..
- Add just over half of your batter to the cake tin. Layer half of the apple slices over the batter..
- Repeat by covering the apple slices with the rest of the batter, and top with the remaining apple..
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the apples and bake in the oven for 70-80 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean..
If you find this Dorset Apple Cake recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.