Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most probably pick out many food items out of habit. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One wholesome alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to burrito stuffed spaghetti squash recipe. To make burrito stuffed spaghetti squash you need 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash:
- Take 1 of Spaghetti Squash.
- Get 1 of small white onion, diced.
- Use 1 lb of ground chicken.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chunky salsa.
- Provide 1 tbsp of garlic paste (or 2 cloves,minced).
- Provide 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Provide 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper (or more if you like it HOT!).
- Get 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need of Salt.
- Use of Pepper.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin.
- Provide 4 1/2 tbsp of oil (I used canola, but you can use any kind you prefer).
- Prepare 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded (optional).
- Prepare of TOPPING IDEAS: scallions, sour cream, tomatoes, black olives, jalapeños.
Instructions to make Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash:
- Preheat oven to 425•F.
- Half squash stem to end, and remove seeds.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp of oil, and season with some salt and pepper.
- Place facing down in a casserole dish with 4 tbsp of water. Bake for 50 minutes.
- While squash is baking, combine garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, child powder, cumin, 3/4 tsp of salt & pepper, and 3 tbsp of oil.
- Place ground chicken in a sealable bowl. Mix the in Mexican marinade thoroughly. Place in refrigerator until needed. (You can always do this the night before as well).
- With 25 minutes left to the Spaghetti Squash, heat a skillet to medium heat with 1 tsp oil. Add in diced onions, and season with some salt & pepper.
- Once onions start to become soft, add garlic. Stirring frequently cook until mix is lightly browned..
- Add ground chicken to onion mixture. Mix and chop until chicken is cooked through (no more pink).
- Add salsa to chicken, and set aside..
- Once squash is done, remove from oven and divide chicken mixture evenly i bro both halves(it's okay if it overfills the squash a bit. I smacked on the the pieces that fell. Shhh…).
- OPTIONAL: top both halves with cheddar cheese, and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with your chosen toppings. Enjoy!.
If you find this Burrito Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.