Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
One way to address this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything right away or that you need to completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than totally modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to double dark chocolate chip and almond coconut oatmeal cookies recipe. You can cook double dark chocolate chip and almond coconut oatmeal cookies using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies:
- Provide of Dry Ingredients.
- Use 2 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Salted Butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of Organic Whole Cane Sugar – Fine Ground.
- Use 1/4 cup of Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Get 1/4 cup of Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.
- Get 1/4 cup of Chopped Almonds.
- Take 1/2 cup of Dark Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Whole Milk.
- Take 3 large of Brown Eggs.
- Prepare 12 oz of Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks.
- Get 2 tbsp of Cold Pressed Coconut Oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Almond Extract.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Coconut extract.
- You need 1 tsp of Fine Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
Instructions to make Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies:
- Mix 1/4 cup of oats and 1/4 cup almonds into a food processor and chop coarsely. Mix flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda, 1/4 cup (half of total for the recipe) of the fine cane sugar and the chopped oats/almonds into a large mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan start to brown 2 sticks (about 1 cup) of salted butter. As soon as the first sign of browning occurs remove from heat and stir to help cool faster. Add 1-2 tbsp cold water to quickly stop browning action just as it completes. While still hot melt in 1/4 cup dark brown sugar. After brown sugar is fully melted add 2 tbsp cold pressed coconut oil (it's important not to "cook" the oil but the mixture needs to stay warm..
- While browning or while butter is cooling mix 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk with 1/4 cup whole milk into a separate bowl. Beat until fluffy like scrambled eggs (or whip) – tiny air bubbles are required. Add other 1/4 cup of cane sugar and 2 tbsp almond extract and beat/whip further..
- Beat in the warm butter mixture to the eggs (make sure butter is not too hot to touch or it will cook the eggs). Make a cup with the dry mix, then pour half of the fluffy egg/butter mixture into the powder cup..
- Using a spatula fold the powder over the liquids and "roll" the mix. After its sufficiently mixed, add the Choc chips and pour the rest of the liquids over the mix and continue to roll the dough. Be sure to pass through the center of the ball forming so all dry ingredients get sufficiently mixed..
- [Optional] Refrigerate dough for 4 hours minimum, up to 48 before sheeting..
- Preheat the oven to 375-F. Oil two baking sheets (I recommend using coconut oil). Spoon or pinch 3×3"blobs about 2" apart. I fit 12 to a standard baking sheet. Bake in center of oven for 13-16 min (I did 14m for standard Natural Gas oven).
- Immediately remove from oven and rapid cool the sheets as fast as possible. (It was winter here so I put them on the back porch for 5 minutes). Makes about 2 dozen cookies..
- Store in closed metal tin or freezer bag with slice of bread and paper towel..
If you find this Double Dark Chocolate Chip and Almond Coconut Oatmeal Cookies recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.