Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's spicy mexican sick day chicken noodle soup recipe. You can cook mike's spicy mexican sick day chicken noodle soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup:
- You need 4 (14 oz) of Cans Chicken Broth.
- Take 2 of Heaping Cups Pre-Cooked Shreaded Chicken [packed].
- You need 1 Can (28 oz) of Green Tomatoes [aka Tomatillos – smashed by hand].
- Get 2 (4 oz) of Cans Diced Hatch Green Chilies.
- Use 1 Can (10 oz) of ROTEL Tomatoes [with green chile].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregeno.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin [+ 1/2 tbsp reserves before serving].
- You need 1 of EX LG Jalapeño [minced].
- Get 1 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- Get 1 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- Use 2 Stalks of Celery [with leaves – chopped].
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- Provide 2 of LG Carrots [small chopped].
- Use 1/2 Cup of Green Bell Peppers [minced].
- Take 2 tbsp of Fresh Mexican Basil.
- Get to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Chicken Bullion Or Salt [feel free to add extra salt to this dish. your kiddos will definitely need a little encouragement to drink more fluids while sick. but still, ALWAYS refer to your pediatrician first].
- You need 1/3 Cup of Mexican Beer [optional].
- Prepare of Lemon Wedges [optional].
- Get 1 tbsp of Lime Juice [or to taste + reserve wedges].
- Prepare of Avocados [garnish].
- Take as needed of Egg Noodles.
- Provide as needed of Baking Soda [acid reducer].
Instructions to make Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Small chop all of your vegetables and throw everything [except for anything listed as reserves, garnish or noodles] in a large pot. Boil on high for 20 minutes covered. Or, until your small chopped carrots are softened. They're your best [doneness] indicator..
- At 20 minutes, boil your egg noodles as per manufactures directions. Usually 7 minutes – in a separate pot. If not boiled in a separate pot, you'll dust up your soup with a carb clouded murky broth. Yuck! Do the same with your rice if you choose to employ it. Add 1 tsp salt and a dash of oil to your noodles and cover. Stir occasionally. Drain and add noodles to your soup. Do not rinse your noodles..
- ● Important Steps: Taste test your soup. If you feel your broth is too acidic based upon the high amounts of green/red tomatoes, jalapeños and lemon/lime juice, add a good pinch of baking soda while your soup is at a heavy boil. She'll foam up quite a bit she'll settle right down when stirred. So, no worries. Add another pinch of baking soda if you feel it's needed after a minute or so. Also, add additional 1/2 tbsp Cumin to your pot just before serving. You'll want that extra kick! Add water as needed for additional broth. Sick kids throats do appreciate their hot broth! I also add additional fresh chilled cilantro [my kids do love their cilantro!] and mix gently just prior to serving..
- Serve soup piping hot with chilled lime or lemon wedges, [both work quite well, especially on sore throats!] fresh cilantro, avocado slices, tortilla chips [if only to serve their scratchy little throats!] and fresh flour tortillas as an absorbent tummy filler. A dollop of sour cream is also a great addition if, they don't have upset tummies. Any creams will only curdle in their tiny stomachs. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.