Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to zucchini muthia / steamed zucchini dumplings recipe. To make zucchini muthia / steamed zucchini dumplings you need 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings:
- Use 3 of Zucchini grated with skin.
- Provide 2 cups of Handva flour kanki korma flour (it is a flour made by grinding rice and lentils together in proportions).
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric haldi.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of asafoetida /hing.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder or 1 tsp ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of sugar I have used raw sugar.
- Use 1 tbsp of yoghurt curd/dahi (1/2 tbsp more if needed. I have used homemade curd /yogurt).
- Take As per taste of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of oil for greasing the plate and to sprinkle over the muthia log while cooking.
- Provide For of For tempering.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds rai.
- Provide 1 tsp of sesame seeds til.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida/ hing.
- Take Few of curry leaves.
- Prepare As required of water to sprinkle over muthia if needed.
Instructions to make Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings:
- In a mixing bowl take grated zucchini. Keep the steamer with water to boil. (or use a big broad pot. Place a round ring like stand. Place the colander or perforated plate in it and cover with a lid). Add spices – red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger powder (or fresh ginger paste), sugar, asafoetida, salt and oil. You can add green chilli paste in place of red chilli powder..
- Mix well with hands till the zucchini is squeezed and spices nicely mixed. The aroma of the spices and zucchini will start releasing once the mixing is nicely done. Add the handva flour or kanki korma flour (it is a flour made with rice and lentils)..
- Mix well with light hands. The flour will be nicely absorbed. Add a tbsp of yoghurt or more if needed. Mix well..
- Roll the dough into logs and place in the greased colander or perforated plate in a steamer with boiling water. Sprinkle little oil on the top of the muthia. It gives nice glaze to the muthia once cooked..
- Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 15 minutes and then on low heat for 15 minutes or till done. Insert a toothpick to check if the muthia are cooked. If the toothpick comes out clean the muthia are done. Switch off the heat and let the muthia stand for 5 minutes in steamer. Remove the lid..
- Remove the cooked muthia in a plate and let them cool completely. Cut 5 mm thick slices..
- For tempering – Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and sesame seeds. Let they crackle. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and saute.Add the cut muthia and toss gently. While tossing the muthia, some crumbs will come. These crumbs are very tasty. Sprinkle a tbsp of water if needed to make muthia softer..
- The zucchini muthia are ready. Serve them hot with a cup of tea or mango chunda. They are a perfect snack to carry while travelling or for a potluck or picnic. Also can be enjoyed in the lunch boxes, breakfast, or light dinner..
If you find this Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.