Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Faux "mozzarella" sticks recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Faux "mozzarella" sticks recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to faux "mozzarella" sticks recipe. To cook faux "mozzarella" sticks you only need 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Faux "mozzarella" sticks:
- Take 1/2 half of brick of firm tofu.
- Get 1.5 cups of flour.
- Provide 1.5 cups of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Water.
- Get of garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, nutritional yeast.
Steps to make Faux "mozzarella" sticks:
- Press tofu to remove excess liquid.
- Cut the brick in half along the short side. Store the other half in a freezer bag for another meal. Cut remaining half lengthwise so that you'll have to equal sheets. Cut Into strips that resemble mozzarella sticks (8-10) Not too thin or thick. Season two sides with garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, and nutritional yeast..
- Put the flour into a shallow dish. Mix with garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, and nutritional yeast. Put tofu strips into flour mixture and cover all sides. Remove from the flour..
- Add water to the remaining flour until it looks like thin pancake mix. Add the bread crumbs to a shallow dish. Coat the seasoned tofu strips in the wet mix the toss in the bread crumbs..
- Immediately place the coated strips on a greased cookie sheet, if baking. If frying, place in a plate until you are ready to fry..
- Place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes then turn and bake for another 10 minutes.make sure you monitor them the second 10 minutes to make sure they don't burn. Bake longer if they aren't crispy enough. It all depends on your oven..
- If frying, make sure the oil is at 350 degrees and only fry for a few minutes while watching them closely. They will get too dark and/or burn. Remove from the oil and place on a rack to drain..
If you find this Faux "mozzarella" sticks recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.