Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe. To make baked or fried portobello mushroom fries you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries:
- Provide 1 of peanut or coconut oil if frying.
- You need 5 large of portobello mushrooms.
- Take 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Use 2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley or thyme..
- Use 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Take 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- Provide 1 of to make with tempura style omit flour, and bread crumbs, and replace with tempura follow directions that come with the batter..
Steps to make Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries:
- Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350.
- Remove the gills and stems from the underside of the mushrooms and trim the edges off. Slice into 1/4-inch strips..
- Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate or bowl, combine panko, Parmigiano, parsley, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper..
- Dredge the mushrooms in flour, followed by the egg wash and finally in the panko.Working in batches, place the breaded mushroom slices in the hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray. Finish with sprinkling with more cheese.
- If baking place on a parchment lined baking dish, and bake at 425 for 8-12 mins, or until golden..
If you find this Baked or fried portobello mushroom fries recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.