Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to aubergine and chickpea curry recipe. You can have aubergine and chickpea curry using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Aubergine and Chickpea Curry:
- You need 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Take 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 1 large of Diced Onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic (to taste) or garlic paste.
- Use 5 medium of Fresh Tomatoes or tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Take 2 large of Fresh green Chillies (slit down the sides, but not all the way to the bottom).
- Prepare 1 large of Cubed Aubergine.
- Take 1 can of White Chickpeas.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Turmeric.
- Use 2 tbsp of Fresh Lemon.
- Provide 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Take 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger (or fresh).
- You need 1 of sprinkle of fresh coriander or 1 tsp of ground.
- Use 2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Use 1/2 cup of plain natural yoghurt (if required).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt (or to taste).
Steps to make Aubergine and Chickpea Curry:
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, fry until they pop. Then Add the diced Onion and salt and sauté until they are translucent and soft..
- Add the garlic, and tomatoes and soften. If you are using fresh tomatoes add a little water, 1/4 cup, if you are using tinned there should be enough liquid. Then add the Chillies..
- Add the Turmeric, Cumin, paprika, Coriander (if using fresh coriander save some to sprinkle over at the end) add the Lemon Juice.
- Add the Cubed Aubergine and Chickpeas and coat it in the sauce, then add just enough water to cover, about 1/4 to half a cup if it's looking a bit dry..
- Leave to cook on a high heat stirring occasionally, the size of the diced aubergine will depend on the cooking time, just keep checking on the firmness depending on how soft you like the aubergine..
- When the water is almost boiled away you should be left with some nice tender Aubergines and soft chickpeas, you can then crush some of the chickpeas into the Masala sauce to thicken it..
- Take off the heat once your Masala sauce has thickened and sprinkle over the Garam Masala and some coriander and leave for a few minutes to rest. When you come back, stir and it's ready to serve!.
If you find this Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.