Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most likely choose many food items out of habit. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spanakopita/ greek spinach and feta pie recipe. You can cook spanakopita/ greek spinach and feta pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie:
- Use 10 of scallions.
- Prepare 3 lb of spinach, stalks removed and chopped.
- Provide 1 of large onion, diced.
- Get 1/2 bunch of dill, finely chopped.
- Use 1 bunch of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 lb of feta, crumbled.
- Use of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1 of phyllo dough.
- Take 1 of olive oil.
Steps to make Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Rinse spinach well, and blanch for 1 minute. Drain and then squeeze out as much water as possible. Set aside in a large bowl..
- Sautée onions and scallions till translucent. Add parsley and dill towards end. Leave for additional few minutes till fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Beat eggs and crumble the feta..
- Combine spinach with feta, egg, herb/onion mix and mix ingredients well. Brush a baking sheet with oil and roll out phyllo dough. I recommend buying the thicker sheets..
- Spread the spinach filling on top evenly. Cover with second sheet of phyllo. Tuck over hanging phyllo under the bottom sheet. Brush top sheet with oil and sprinkle lightly with water. Bake for approximately one hour..
If you find this Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.