Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- Use 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Provide 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 7 cups of sliced onions (about 7 medium onions).
- Take 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Get 8 cups of beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril).
- Use 1 clove of garlic sliced.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Use 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Take 1 stick of French bread sliced into 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Prepare of Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated).
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil..
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar..
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread..
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way)..
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese..
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.