Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken in a zucchini boat recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken in a zucchini boat recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Vitality.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Whole grain snacks are an outstanding choice for a fast healthy snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run may be much healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than refined grains included in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken in a zucchini boat recipe. To cook chicken in a zucchini boat you only need 22 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken in a zucchini boat:
- Get of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ chicken and zucchini◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need 3 of medium zucchini.
- Provide 12 ounces of diced/ shredded chicken, I used chicken breast.
- Take 1/2 of large onion.
- Get 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Use 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Use of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆sauce◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Get 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of whole leaf oregano.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoonful of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of honey.
- Take 1 of tablespoonful of minced garlic.
- Use 1 of tablespoonful of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ toppings◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Provide 2 cups of monterrey jack and colby cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Provide 1/3 cup of jalapeño pepper slices, pickled.
- You need 1 cup of black ripened sliced olives.
- Provide 1/3 cup of sour cream.
Instructions to make Chicken in a zucchini boat:
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Finely chop the onion..
- Cut the ends off zucchini..
- Split them lengthways down the middle.
- Hollow the zucchini halves leaving a bit on the ends, so you can stuff them without stuffing running out. I used a spoon..
- Heat oil in pan, cube, or shred the chicken into small pieces. Add chicken to pan..
- Add onion to the chicken with salt, zucchini scrapings, cumin, cayenne, and paprika..
- Sauté till onion is translucent and chicken is done..
- Heat oil in the pan. Add the minced garlic and sauté..
- Add tomato sauce, honey, oregano, salt, cumin, and simmer..
- After 10 minutes of simmering and stirring occasionally, remove from heat..
- In an oven safe dish add a quarter cup of the sauce. Set the zucchini boats on top of sauce in dish..
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into zucchini boats.
- Pour over the zucchini boats the rest of the sauce..
- Add cheese and olives on top bake covered 40 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Add sour cream, cilantro, and jalapeños. Serve I hope you enjoy!.
If you find this Chicken in a zucchini boat recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.