Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple chicken gnocchi soup recipe. To make simple chicken gnocchi soup you need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup:
- Get 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small onion – finely chopped.
- Use 3 cloves of garlic – minced.
- Get 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Use 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Provide 2 cups of half & half.
- Take 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Take 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- Take 1/2 of of a rotisserie chicken (white and dark meat) – chopped.
- Take 1 cup of (packed) fresh spinach – roughly chopped.
- Use 1 (16 oz) of package gnocchi.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup:
- Heat a 2 quart sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter and oil. As soon as butter melts add onion and garlic. Sautée until onion is translucent, stirring often..
- Wisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, wisking frequently..
- Wisk in chicken broth, half & half, thyme, celery seed, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, wisking frequently. Simmer until thickened. About 5 minutes..
- Stir in chicken, gnocchi, and spinach. Simmer 5 minutes more, stirring often. Taste, adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note1: This makes a hearty, thick soup. If you would like your soup a little thinner you can add up to 1 more cup of chicken broth..
- Note2: If you want to cut some of the fat you can replace 1 cup of half & half with milk. You could go with all milk, but then it wouldn't have the same richness..
If you find this Simple Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.