Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Tomato Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tomato Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato chicken curry recipe. To make tomato chicken curry you need 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tomato Chicken Curry:
- Provide 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get 1 medium of red onion.
- Prepare 5 clove of of garlic.
- Use 1/2 tsp of jarred chopped ginger.
- Prepare 4 of dried arbol chiles.
- Provide 2 large of bay leaves.
- Provide 14 1/2 oz of can of whole plum tomatos.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of paparika.
- You need 2 lb of boneless chicken breast.
- Use 2 medium of red skinned potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey/nectar.
- Use 1 of kosher salt, to taste.
- Take 2 1/2 tbsp of plain whole milk greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of of Garam Masala.
- Take 1 of cooked basmati rice, for serving.
- You need 1 of chopped cilantro, for topping.
Instructions to make Tomato Chicken Curry:
- Heat the canola oil in large, deep pot over medium heat until it simmers. Sprinkle in the cumin seeds and stir a bit. The cumin should begin to sizzle immediately, become fragrant and darken slightly..
- Immediately add chopped red onion and bay leaves to their pot. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is dark brown in color, about 12 to 15 minutes..
- As the onion cooks, drain the juice from the can of tomatoes in a liquid measuring cup; set aside. In a food processor, add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, Chile's, turmeric and paprika. Puree a few seconds..
- Add tomato base to onion mixture and cook, stirring, until thick, about 10 minutes. It should be a paste-like consistency..
- When the mixture begins to stick to the bottom of the pot, add the chicken and potatoes. Cook, stirring, until the chicken is opaque and the sauce sticks to the meat and potatoes, about 8-10 minutes..
- Add the honey/nectar to reserved tomato juice, then add enough water to make 1.5 cups of liquid. Pour into pot. Season with salt as desired and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 30 minutes..
- Stir in the yogurt and sprinkle the Garam Masala..
- Serve over cooked basmati rice. Top with cilantro..
If you find this Tomato Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.