Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you probably purchase lots of food items out of habit. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. One wholesome substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chocolate peppermint slice and bake cookies recipe. To make chocolate peppermint slice and bake cookies you only need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies:
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, + extra for hands & work surface.
- Get 3/4 cup of unsweetened natural cocoa powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Get 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Provide 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- Provide 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Use 1 tsp. of peppermint extract.
- You need 1 (4 oz.) of baking bar semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped.
Instructions to make Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set this aside..
- In a separate large bowl, either using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on med-high speed until smooth and creamy, about a minute or two. Then beat in the sugar until fluffy and combined. Beat in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Switch the mixer to low speed and add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Then flour your hands and a work surface lightly. Turn out the dough onto the floured surface and seperate the dough into two even amounts..
- Roll the dough into two seperate logs, roughly 8 inches in length and about 2 1/2 in in diameter. Wrap each log tightly in plastic wrap and place them in the fridge for at least 4 hours and up to 5 days. You could also freeze the dough logs at this point, for up to 3 months. To thaw, place them in the fridge overnight, then continue on with the baking process from there..
- When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple of large baking trays with either parchment paper or silicone baking mats..
- Working one at a time, unwrap the dough log and slice into equally sized cookies. You should get about 11-12 per log..
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Allow them to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Once cooled, melt the 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate according to its packages directions and drizzle over the top of each cookie. Allow the chocolate to set completely (about 30 or so minutes) before storing them..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week..
If you find this Chocolate Peppermint Slice and Bake Cookies recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.