Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tofu shiitake mushrooms vegan bao buns (chinese steamed buns) recipe. To make tofu shiitake mushrooms vegan bao buns (chinese steamed buns) you only need 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns):
- Take of For the Buns:.
- Provide 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of or more sugar.
- Use 1 of and 1/2 tsp active dry yeasts.
- Provide 1 cup of warm water.
- Take 1 of and 1/2 tbsp vegetables oil.
- Get of For the vegan tofu shiitake mushroom filling:.
- Use 1/2 of tofu from 1 packaged firm tofu (shredded or cut tiny in cubed).
- Prepare 8-10 of Shiitake mushrooms (dry or fresh. I used the dry one).
- Use 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce (you can put more or less, as you like).
- Provide to taste of Soy sauce.
- Take 1 tbsp of or more sugar (this filling is little bit sweet).
- Take of Sriracha (optional).
- Get 1 tsp of lime juice.
- Provide of Oil.
- You need of For serving:.
- Get of Shredded purple cabbage (optional).
- Provide of Carrot pickles (optional).
- Take of Chopped Cilantro/basil (I skipped it, because I don’t have them in hand).
- Use of Chopped green onion.
Instructions to make Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns):
- For the Dough: Mixed together warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stirring well then let it sit for about 10-15 minutes..
- While waiting for the yeast mixture activated. Let’s prepare the dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer add and stir all the dry ingredients. Then add the oil and yeast mixture. Knead at low speed until the dough comes together, soft but not sticky. Continue knead until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is soft and smooth..
- Transfer the dough to lightly greased bowl and covers with a plastic wrap. Let it rise in warm and draft-free place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- While waiting for the dough rises, let’s start making the filling. Coat the bottom of the skillet with oil in a medium heat..
- When the oil is hot place the shredded tofu, cook them until it turns golden brown. Set asides. Add a little bit oil in the skillet then sautéed the mushroom until just brown. Then add the tofu back into skillet and mix it up. Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, and sugar. Combine together add the lemon juice and mix them well. Taste it before turn of the heat. Set asides..
- Now back to the dough. Once the dough has risen in double size. Divide in half. Remove half from the bowl and divide into sixth..
- Roll one of the sixth in to a ball then flatten it use your hand. Using a rolling pin to roll the ball into 3-4 inches around. Brush the top with oil, then fold in half. Then transfer to a piece parchment paper. Do the same way for the rest of the dough. You will have 12 around. Cover with cloth or plastics wrap, let it rest for 20 -30 minutes or more..
- Using the steamer (I used Bamboo steamer), transfer all the buns in the steamer. Make sure to not over crowded. Place the lid on it.Then bring the water to a boil and steam the bun for 10-12 minutes. Carefully removed the lid and take off the buns from the steamer..
- To assembly the bao buns with the filling: Carefully open buns and spread with purple cabbage the fill with the vegan filling mixture then top with the carrot pickles, and sprinkle with chopped green onion. And your bao buns are done and ready to serve. Enjoy!.
- Note: Btw, I was using only 1/2 dough because it was too much for two of us. So I placed the half dough into refrigerator. And I will make them again tomorrow since I still have the filling..
If you find this Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.