Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a few minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can see results without removing foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to toni's shepherds pie recipe. To cook toni's shepherds pie you only need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Toni's Shepherds Pie:
- Use 1 lb of ground beef.
- Provide 1 lb of ground veal.
- Use 4 of russet potatoes.
- Use 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayo (Hellmans).
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen mixed peas & carrots.
- Use 1 medium of yellow onion.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic minced.
- Get 1/2 cup of white mushrooms.
- Get 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Use 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese freshly grated.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Get 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Use 1 tsp of fresh rosemary.
- Provide 2 of frozen pie crusts.
- Use 2 tsp of evoo.
Instructions to make Toni's Shepherds Pie:
- let pie crusts thaw at room temp, slice mushrooms, slice onion, mince garlic cloves, chop thyme and rosemary..
- peel potatoes, cut into square inches, rinse clean, boil water add salt, then once water is boiled add potatoes.
- heat a large frying pan over medium heat add 2 tspn of evoo & 2 tspn of butter, then add sliced onions & mushrooms a pinch of salt & pepper and brown mushrooms & cook onions until their translucent..
- then add 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground veal add garlic powder, onion powder, pinch of pepper, & pinch of salt, brown meat, then add frozen mixed peas & carrots, red wine & beef broth cook to a simmer on medium low heat till absorbed, then add minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, & set to side..
- preheat oven now at 400°.
- drain potatoes, add back to pot add 1/2 stick of butter, 2 tbsp of mayo, pinch of salt & pepper, onion & garlic powder to taste, 1/2 cup of milk and smash & mix by hand till smooth yet a tad bit chunky for texture, then add Parmesan cheese and mix lightly..
- now add even scoops of meat & veggie filling to pie crusts, then on top of that generously add potatoes to the top of filling and smooth around with spoon, place in preheated oven till the top of potatoes get golden brown and trimming of pie crust is golden browned, take out let sit covered with a tinfoil tent for about 10 to 15 mins, cut each pie into fours and serve.
If you find this Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.