Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Snacks.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. When we eat more healthy foods and less of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Just about the most popular snacks is low fat yogurt. The fact is, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. Low fat yogurt would make a amazing snack, however. It is a protein-rich source of healthy nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive tract work properly depending upon the culture used to produce it. Easy hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent method to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you need 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Prepare of The Stock.
- Provide 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Get 2 of onions, halved.
- Take 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- Take 2 of celery stalks.
- Provide of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Get 10 cups of water.
- Provide of For the Onions and Soup.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Take 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Take of The strained Stock.
- Use to taste of salt and pepper.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Use 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- Use of Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover.
- Use of Cook and assemble.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.