Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kyoto Ozouni (Mochi Soup) with White Miso recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kyoto Ozouni (Mochi Soup) with White Miso recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you most probably purchase lots of items out of habit. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kyoto ozouni (mochi soup) with white miso recipe. You can cook kyoto ozouni (mochi soup) with white miso using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kyoto Ozouni (Mochi Soup) with White Miso:
- Prepare 100 grams of White miso (Saikyo miso).
- Use 2 1/2 cup of Dashi stock.
- Provide 4 of Round mochi rice cakes.
- Use 20 of cm worth of a 4 cm diameter daikon Daikon radish (a thin one).
- Provide 1/2 small of Kintoki carrots (a type of deep reddish colored carrot).
- Use 20 ml of Burdock root.
- Prepare 4 large of Kashira-imo (or use satoimo instead).
- Get 100 grams of Chicken breast meat.
- Prepare 1 dash of Mitsuba (or green onion).
- Prepare 1 dash of Shaved bonito flakes (to taste).
Steps to make Kyoto Ozouni (Mochi Soup) with White Miso:
- These are the vegetables used. The daikon radish is a thin type for ozouni. I used satoimo instead of kashira-imo. In our family, we use konbu seaweed based dashi stock, but use whatever you like..
- Slice the daikon radish and carrot thinly, either whole or cut in half lengthwise first. Slice the burdock root or diagonally, and soak in water for a while to get rid of the bitterness. Cook both in boiling water until crisp-tender..
- Boil the satoimo and sprinkle with water to get rid of the surface slime. Thinly shave sharp edges. Slice the chicken diagonally into bite sized pieces. Do all of this on New Year's Eve..
- Bring dashi stock to a boil in an ozouni pot, and put in the chicken. Add the daikon radish, carrot and burdock root. Add the white miso just before the soup is done and briefly bring to a boil..
- While the soup is cooking, prepare the mochi cakes and mitsuba. Put the round mochi cakes on a plate, sprinkle a little water and microwave. The mochi cakes should still be on the firm side..
- Blanch the mitsuba briefly in boiling water. Gather 2 to 3 stems together and tie the stems into a knot. If using green onions, chop finely..
- Put a mochi cake and satoimo in a miso soup bowl, and pour the hot zouni soup over. Add the mitsuba or green onion, optionally spring on some bonito flakes, and serve while piping hot!.
- In our house we have this white miso ozouni on the 1st and 2nd, and Osaka style clear soup ozouni with mizuna greens on the 3rd..
If you find this Kyoto Ozouni (Mochi Soup) with White Miso recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.