Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Snack foods.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for treats between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
When searching for a convenient nutritious snack, do not forget about yogurt. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the best idea. You cannot beat yogurt whenever it comes to a nutritious snack though. It contains a lot of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Yogurt combines wonderfully with nuts along with seeds. It’s an uncomplicated way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian one pot curry recipe. You can have spicy indian one pot curry using 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Get of basic sauce.
- Take of oil.
- Use 2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- Get 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Use 3 large of onions, chopped.
- Use 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 stalk of curry leaves, chopped.
- Get 4 each of green chillies.
- Get 5 large of ripe tomatoes.
- Use of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- You need 50 grams of black eyed peas.
- Take 50 grams of black gram.
- Prepare 50 grams of lima beans.
- Prepare 8 each of garlic cloves.
- Provide 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take of salt.
- Take of water.
- Take of vegetables.
- Provide 2 medium of potatoes.
- Use 2 medium of brinjals / eggplants.
- You need 2 medium of carrots.
- Provide 250 grams of bottle gourd / calabash.
- Get 250 grams of yellow pumpkin.
- Get of water.
- Use of salt.
- Get of masalas.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Take 2 tbsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- Provide of finishing.
- Use 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare of chopped cilantro leaves.
Steps to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
If you find this Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.