Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Carrot & Coconut Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Carrot & Coconut Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A bit of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run can be much healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the shift from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to carrot & coconut cake recipe. You can cook carrot & coconut cake using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Carrot & Coconut Cake:
- Take 250 g of plain flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of bicarb of soda.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Get 250 g of caster sugar.
- Provide 4 of eggs (medium).
- You need 1 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 500 g of carrots (grated).
- Prepare 100 g of dessicated coconut.
- Get of zest of an orange.
- Take of juice of 1 orange.
- Take 75 g of sultanas.
- Prepare 50 g of walnuts (chopped).
- Take of For the ganache.
- Get 200 g of dark chocolate.
- Prepare 150 g of double cream.
Steps to make Carrot & Coconut Cake:
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees C/350 degrees F.
- Grease & line a 23cm springform baking tin (square or round).
- In a large bowl beat the eggs & sugar together until pale and thick. Next, add the oil & apple sauce and mix well..
- Now add the flour, baking powder, bicarb of soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut, orange zest, sultanas & walnuts and mix thoroughly..
- Add the orange juice and beat through so it’s all well mixed. Finally, add the carrot and fold in well..
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and pop into the oven. Bake for an hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Let it rest on the side for 15 minutes and then take out of the tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate in a bowl in a microwave. Just do this by blasting it for 30 seconds at a time a stirring until it’s all melted. Add the cream to the chocolate and whisk it until it’s all combined and thick. Cover evenly over the top of the cake, smooth some down the sides if you like too. Leave on the side to set, or even pop into the fridge for 30-45 minutes..
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days..
If you find this Carrot & Coconut Cake recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.