Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Watercress Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Watercress Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Finding snacks that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular snacks is low fat yogurt. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the best things you can reach for. Along with calcium, it is a good supply of necessary protein and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Quick hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. This minimizes your sugar absorption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to watercress soup recipe. To cook watercress soup you need 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Watercress Soup:
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- Use 1 large of bunch of watercress leaves.
- Get 3 medium of potatoes (add more if you like it thicker).
- Provide 1 medium of onion.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 1 1/2 liter of water.
- Take 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- Use 1/3 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 of chicken stock cube.
Instructions to make Watercress Soup:
- Prepare the carrots, garlic, onion and potatoes by peeling and cutting into rough chunks..
- In a deep pot add the water, the potatoes, garlic, and onion..
- Bring to the boil and cook for about 15 minutes..
- Once cooked let it sit for about half hour to cool down slightly..
- Place the contents in food processor and reduce to a pulp like mixture..
- Turn the heat back on and Add the liquid back to the pan..
- Add the olive oil, salt and stock cube. Stir occasionally..
- Bring to the boil. Boil for a further 2-3 minutes..
- Add the watercress to the pot..
- Add another half a litre of water..
- Stir, cover with lid and bring to the boil for a further 10-15 minutes..
- Once cooked rest for 10 minutes..
- Check seasoning and serve..
- Mine has a tendency to rise and spill especially with the lid shut, I normally have to stir often to keep it from spilling over the pot..
If you find this Watercress Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.