Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Salmon with Minted Creamy Cucumbers and Fresh Pita recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Salmon with Minted Creamy Cucumbers and Fresh Pita recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salmon with Minted Creamy Cucumbers and Fresh Pita recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to salmon with minted creamy cucumbers and fresh pita recipe. You can cook salmon with minted creamy cucumbers and fresh pita using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Salmon with Minted Creamy Cucumbers and Fresh Pita:
- Use of Hero Salmon.
- Use 3/4 each of Vidalia onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 12 oz of fresh salmon filets.
- You need 2 tsp of Penzey's Greek seasoning.
- Take 1/2 each of lemon, thinly sliced.
- Get 2 each of oregano sprigs.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 2 each of fresh pita bread.
- You need of Minted Creamy Cucumbers.
- Get 2 each of cucumbers, thinly sliced.
- Take 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 cup of Atlanta Fresh yogurt.
- Use 1 each of Vidalia onion, thinly sliced.
- Use 1 each of lemon, juiced.
- Get 10 of fresh mint leaves, chopped.
- Take 1 each of garlic clove, minced or chopped.
- Get 1 of Penzey's Greek seasoning, to taste.
Instructions to make Salmon with Minted Creamy Cucumbers and Fresh Pita:
- In a small, oven-safe dish, make a bed of sliced onions to rest under the salmon. Season the salmon filets liberally on all sides with the Greek seasoning, and place skin-side down (if the skin is removed, this is the side with the gray ?bloodline?). Arrange the sliced lemon, and oregano sprigs on top of the fish. Pour the olive oil over the fish, allowing it to coat the onions at the bottom of the pan. Let stand 15-20 minutes at room temperature. Preheat oven to 400º F..
- As oven preheats, make the minted creamy cucumbers. Mix the cucumbers and salt in a colander or strainer, over the sink or a bowl. Let stand 10-15 minutes. Squeeze gently, and blot dry on paper towels, or tea cloth. While the cucumbers are soaking, combine the lemon juice, mint, garlic, onion and yogurt in a medium bowl. Next, stir in the strained cucumbers. Add Greek seasoning to taste. Place aside in refrigerator while the salmon cooks..
- Place the dish with the salmon on the bottom rack of the oven. Allow to bake until the salmon is just fully cooked, approximately 15-20 minutes. Fully cooked salmon is opaque, and firm when squeezed gently from the sides. Remove salmon from the oven, turn the oven off, and place the pita directly on the rack in the still-warm oven. Allow the salmon to rest for about 5 minutes while the pita warms. Remove and discard the lemon and oregano from the top of the salmon..
- Place the salmon on one side of the plate, and top with some of the cooked onions. Place a mound of cucumbers next to the salmon. Cut the pita into eight slices and arrange next to the salmon and cucumbers. Or enjoy as a sandwich: Cut the pita in half to form two pockets, fill each half with layers of large flaked chunks of salmon, onions, and minted cucumbers. Enjoy!.
If you find this Salmon with Minted Creamy Cucumbers and Fresh Pita recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.