Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon lavender shortbread cookies recipe. You can have lemon lavender shortbread cookies using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies:
- Take 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Use 1 tsp of dried lavender buds (flowers) finely ground.
- Get 1 tsp of dried lemon peel, finely shredded.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter (one and a half sticks), softened.
- Provide 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Use 1 tbsp of milk.
Steps to make Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies:
- In a medium bowl mix flour, ground lavender buds, lemon peel and salt. Set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the powdered sugar and milk and beat until its thoroughly mixed well..
- Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the electric mixer. Finish stirring in what flour you have left by hand if needed..
- On a floured surface roll the dough into a 10 inch log. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap or parchment paper and chill until the dough is firm. (2 to 24 hours).
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350°. Cut the dough roll into 1/4 inch slices and put the slices onto a parchment paper lined cookie tray..
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are slightly browned. Cool either on parchment paper or on a wire rack..
If you find this Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.