Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Irish Potato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Irish Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Irish Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to irish potato soup recipe. To cook irish potato soup you only need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Irish Potato Soup:
- Get of soup.
- Take 5 tbsp of reserved bacon fat.
- Take 1 cup of minced onion.
- Take 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Provide 5 cup of chicken stock.
- Use 1 lb of russet potatoes, cleaned and large dice.
- Provide 2 1/2 cup of cooked ham, large cube cuts.
- Take 3 cup of fresh kale, rough chop.
- Provide 1 cup of fresh corn cut off the cob.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- Use 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Instructions to make Irish Potato Soup:
- I suggest to have all your items prepped and ready as this dish gets ready very quickly..
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt bacon fat..
- Sweat onions in fat, this just cooks them until they turn translucent. Add in salt and worcestershire sauce..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and stir and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add stock and whisk until smooth and it comes to a low boil. If mixture is too thick add a small amount of extra stock..
- Add in all the other ingredients. Stir well, lower heat to medium low. Cover and cook 25 minutes..
- Serve with a side salad or hot fresh bread. Enjoy..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
If you find this Irish Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.