Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Choosing to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti recipe. To cook whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti you need 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti:
- Take 2 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Get 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Use 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Take 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Take 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of almond extract.
- Get 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut shavings.
Steps to make Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti:
- Preheat oven to 190℃ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and coconut shavings.
- Combine these two mixtures, forming a dough.
- Separate dough in two. Place these two sets of dough onto the parchment paper in two long 'log' shapes..
- Bake the mixture for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave 'logs' to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes.
If you find this Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.