Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Choosing to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's chinese pork & mushroom dumpling soup recipe. You can have mike's chinese pork & mushroom dumpling soup using 35 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup:
- Prepare of FOR THE DUMPLINGS.
- Prepare 1 Bag (30 Count) of Pork & Mushroom Dumplings [frozen – to be added last].
- Get of FOR THE BROTH LIQUIDS/SEASONINGS.
- You need 5 (14 oz) Cans of Beef Or Pork Broth [I use beef].
- Get 2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce.
- Get 2 tbsp of Garlic Chile Sauce [I use Siracha].
- Take 1 Pinch of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinager.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- Take of FOR THE HERBS & VEGETABLES:.
- Get 5 of Thai Chilies [minced].
- Prepare 2 of LG Jalapeños [sliced].
- Take 6 of LG Garlic Cloves Or 1/3 Cup [smashed & fine minced].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced Lemon Grass.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Fresh Mushrooms [rough chop – i used oyster mushrooms].
- Take 1/2 Cup of Canned Bamboo Shoots.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Bean Sprouts [left whole + 1 cup reserved].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Snap Peas [left whole].
- Use 3/4 Cup of Purple Onions [thin sliced or chopped green onions].
- Take 1/2 Cup of Canned Water Chestnuts [left whole].
- Take 1 Cup of Canned Baby Corn [cut in half if too large].
- Use 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [chopped matchbook style].
- Get 1/3 Cup of Fresh Diakon Radishes [chopped matchbook style].
- Get 1/2 Cup of Fresh Thai Basil [must be Thai – leaves left whole – to be added last + reserves for garnish].
- Provide of FOR THE OPTIONS & GARNISHMENTS:.
- You need of Fresh Carrots [sliced matchbook style – to be added to your broth while simmering].
- You need of Additional Garlic Chile Sauce.
- You need of Additional Fresh Thai Basil.
- Provide of Green Onions [chopped].
- You need of Chilled Pickled Ginger [a MUST try!].
- Take of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- You need of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Get of Lime Wedges.
Steps to make Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup:
- Here's what you'll need..
- This is a great dumpling brand. You can find this, as well as all other ingredients listed in your local Asian market. It's also much cheaper to shop there. This entire dish – enough to feed four – cost less than $10.00..
- Mix everything in the FOR THE BROTH LIQUIDS/SEASONINGS section and bring broth to a gentle simmer..
- Chop and prepare everything in the FOR THE HERBS & VEGETABLES section. Add everything to your simmering broth except for the dumplings, Thai Basil and 1 cup reserved bean sprouts. And OPTIONS. [unless you opt for the carrots] Allow your vegetables and herbs to simmer for 30 minutes..
- Bring pot up to a steady boil and add your frozen dumplings and your reserved 1 cup of sprouts. It's important your reserve your 1 cup sprouts be added last for texture, bite and snap..
- At 10 minutes in to your dumpling boil, add your Thai Basil. Then simmer 5 minutes longer. This is another important step. The fresh Thai Basil will add to the sweetness. Stir constantly as so your dumplings don't stick together. Because they will. Also, stir from the bottom as to not break up your dumplings. You'll know your dumplings are fully cooked when they float. Know your soup will thicken up with the addition of your dumplings..
- Serve immediately with sides of fresh lime wedges, fresh Cilantro leaves, garlic chilie sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and fresh Thai Basil. Thai Basil really does make this dish! So does the chilled pickled Ginger! Try just one hot dumpling with chilled pickled ginger on it. I swear, it's a freaking life changer! Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's Chinese Pork & Mushroom Dumpling Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.