Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's garlic and asparagus soup with chilli prawn garnish recipe. To cook sig's garlic and asparagus soup with chilli prawn garnish you need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish:
- Prepare 1 kg of fresh green or white asparagus or use 4 cans of asparagus..
- You need 12 clove of garlic I used smoked garlic.
- You need 25 grams of butter.
- Provide 1 1/2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Take 1 liter of vegetable stock ( use less if you use the canning water).
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of water ( cold).
- Use 150 grams of precooked large peeled prawns.
- Take 1 of or two pinch each of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of of dried wild garlic or 2 tablespoon of fresh wild garlic.
- Take 100 ml of whipping cream (optional).
- Use 1 pinch of of chilli flakes.
- Get 12 of asparagus tips.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Steps to make Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish:
- Trim the hard, woody ends of the fresh asparagus and cut into about 1 inch pieces..
- Soften 8 or 9 cloves garlic in 4 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes. Melt the butter in a flame proof dish . Add asparagus and sauté for about 6 minutes . Do not fry or brown ..
- Add the stock, the softened garlic with water, and any canning juices if using canned asparagus..
- Skim if necessary. Simmer for about 5 minutes . Remove twelve of the fresh asparagus tips..
- Season the soup with salt, pepper and the wild garlic..
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes if using fresh asparagus. If using canned cook for about ten minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until very smooth..
- Return into pan over low heat .You can now thicken the soup with cornflour if you like it to be a thicker soup. Do this by blending the cornflour with the 1 1/2 tablespoon of water .Whisk this into the simmering soup to thicken it. You can now add the cream if using it..
- Heat the olive oil , cut the remain garlic into very thin slices. Add the chilli flakes to oil and the garlic and heat gently until garlic starts to just brown on the edges. Add the prawns and heat through for a few minutes . No longer as they will turn rubbery as they are cooked already..
- Put the soup into warmed plates and garnish with the prawns, asparagus tips and the chilly and garlic oil..
If you find this Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.