Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t wish to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken chickpea coconut curry recipe. You can have chicken chickpea coconut curry using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry:
- Get 1 Lb. of Chicken Thighs, Trimmed And Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces.
- Get 1/2 Cup of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoon- Salt -First.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Curry Powder -First.
- You need 3 tablespoon of Oil- First.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Oil- Second.
- Use 1/2 of Onion, Chopped.
- Take 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper – Diced.
- You need 1/2 of Green Bell Pepper Diced.
- You need 1 of Tomato -Diced.
- Get 1 of Jalapeno-Diced (If you want more spice add the seeds:).
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped- Fine.
- Provide 2 teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- Provide 1 1/2 teaspoon of Salt- Second.
- Use 1-1 1/2 teaspoon of Curry Powder- Second.
- Prepare 1/2-1 teaspoon of Chili Powder.
- You need 14 of -Oz. Coconut Milk.
- Take 6 of -Oz. Tomato Paste.
- Take 16 of -Oz. Chickpeas, Drained And Rinsed.
- Provide 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- Use 1/3 C. of Chopped Fresh Cilantro – Lightly Chopped Just Before Adding Them- No Stems.
- You need 2 C. of Cooked Rice, For Serving.
Instructions to make Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry:
- 1. Mix the cornstarch the first salt and first curry powder together and lightly coat the diced chicken. Shake off the excess coating..
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 3 tablespoon oil. Add the diced chicken thighs cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes per side, then remove chicken from pan and set aside..
- 3. In the same pan Add remaining tablespoon oil, onion, red bell peppers, green bell peppers,tomato, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until they are soft, about 4 minutes.
- 4. Stir in Garam masala, the second salt, the second curry powder, and chili powder, then add coconut milk, tomato paste,chickpeas and chicken stock. Add the chicken back in and stir until combined and bring to a simmer for about 8-10 minutes..
- 6. Sprinkle in the lightly chopped cilantro just before service with rice..
- Note this did not come out spicy hot so if you like fire then feel free to bump it up. This tastes really good!.
If you find this Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.