Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Goodies.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, however, in terms of eating between snacks. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you need a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian indian curry with garam masala, cauliflower and chick peas recipe. You can have vegetarian indian curry with garam masala, cauliflower and chick peas using 15 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas:
- Prepare 400 grams of cauliflower.
- Provide 150 grams of rice.
- Get 1 of big red bell pepper.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Provide 1 of red onion.
- Provide 1 of red chili pepper.
- Take 30 grams of fresh ginger.
- Take 200 grams of peeled tomatoes (can).
- Prepare 125 grams of chickpeas (can).
- Prepare 150 milliliter of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh coriander.
- Get of some Indian Garam Masala spicemix (see also my recipe).
- Provide of some kurkuma, cumin and paprika powder.
- You need of some olive oil or groundnut oil.
- Use of some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
Instructions to make Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas:
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into bite sized roses then put aside.
- Peel the skin from the bell pepper with a potato peeler, cut in half, remove the inside then cut into 1/2cm stripes and put aside.
- Peel the onion, cut in half then in thin half rings and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the ginger, cut it into 2mm thick layers and then cross-cut into fine 2mm matchsticks and put aside.
- Squash the garlic flat then cut in small pieces and put aside.
- Wash the chili pepper, remove seeds, cut fine and put aside.
- Take the chickpeas from the can, wash them and put aside.
- You can bring some water with salt to a boil for the rice, also add a decent amount of oil to a wok pan (or other frying pan).
- You can prepare the right amounts of coconut milk and tomatoes in 2 separate cups and put also aside untill needed.
- Put the wok pan on high heat, throw in the cauliflower roses as soon as the oil is hot and damping (it should sizzle when you add them) and bake them at high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium hot and add the paprika stripes and after frying for another 2 minutes add the onion rings as well.
- After another 2 minutes you can add the ginger matchsticks, keep stirring everything and also add the garlic and chili now.
- After a about 3-4 minutes lower heat a little more, the vegetables should be half done by now but still remain crispy.
- Add a good snuff of kurkuma, cumin and paprika powder and stir well before also adding 2 teaspoons of Garam Masala spices, fry this all together for a minute and smell the aromas coming out.
- Now add the cut peeled tomatoes with juice to the pan and stir.
- Add the cocunut milk and the chick peas, bring it all to a boil and let it to softly simmer for another 10 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile prepare the rice according to instructions on package.
- Wash the fresh coriander, cut it fine and put on table for garnish.
- At the end add some salt and pepper to taste, it will need some salt to get its full flavour but it's not supposed to be salty, rather spicy, so if needed add one more teaspoon of Garam Masala.
If you find this Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.