Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything instantly or that you need to completely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian one pot curry recipe. To make spicy indian one pot curry you only need 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Take of basic sauce.
- Get of oil.
- Use 2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- Use 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 3 large of onions, chopped.
- Use 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Take 2 stalk of curry leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 4 each of green chillies.
- Use 5 large of ripe tomatoes.
- Take of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- Take 50 grams of black eyed peas.
- Use 50 grams of black gram.
- You need 50 grams of lima beans.
- Get 8 each of garlic cloves.
- Take 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need of salt.
- Use of water.
- Provide of vegetables.
- You need 2 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 medium of brinjals / eggplants.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots.
- Take 250 grams of bottle gourd / calabash.
- Use 250 grams of yellow pumpkin.
- You need of water.
- You need of salt.
- Get of masalas.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Use of salt.
- Use of finishing.
- You need 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- Get 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Get of chopped cilantro leaves.
Steps to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
If you find this Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.