Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Massaman Beef Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Massaman Beef Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to massaman beef curry recipe. You can cook massaman beef curry using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Massaman Beef Curry:
- You need 1 pack (250 g) of cubed chuck beef or stewing beef cut into long strips.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste.
- Get 4-5 of shallots, peeled.
- Take 1 of onion chopped in big chunks.
- Provide 1 can of coconut milk.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Take 2-3 of grated palm sugar (or brown sugar).
- Provide 2 tbsp of tamarind.
- Take 1 of medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Use 4-5 tablespoons of unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer).
- You need 2 of star anise.
Steps to make Massaman Beef Curry:
- In a big saucepan, add about 2-3 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add beef in and stir for 2-3 min..
- Add star anise and Massaman curry in and mix in well..
- Add onion, in and leave it to cook for about 30 min then add potato and the rest of your coconut milk in..
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts and stir well. Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too..
- Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice..
- For oven braised method: Coat beef in 1 tablespoon of oil, star anise and massaman curry paste, mix well. You can braise your beef in the oven for about an hour. Once your beef in oven for 45 min – an hour put coconut milk in saucepan, then curry paste and mix well then add your beef that have been braised in the oven in the. Add onion, fishsauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar and the rest of coconut milk in. Mix well..
If you find this Massaman Beef Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.