Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Chicken korma recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken korma recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken korma recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Deciding to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you probably buy a lot of items out of habit. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One nutritious alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken korma recipe. You can cook chicken korma using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken korma:
- Use 1 Kg of chicken cut into curry size pieces.
- Use 2 of onions thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger paste.
- Take 1 tablespoon of garlic paste.
- Use 3 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cumin powder.
- Get 2 teaspoons of coriander powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of red chili powder.
- Provide 3-4 of green chilies.
- Provide 10-12 of cashew nuts.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of poppy seed.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- Provide 1 inch of cinnamon stick broken into pieces.
- You need 6 of cardamom pods.
- Get 10-12 of pepper corns.
- Provide 2 of star anise.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Provide of Fresh cream (optional).
Steps to make Chicken korma:
- Marinade the chicken with ginger and garlic paste, yogurt, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, green chilies and turmeric powder..
- Soak the poppy seeds in water for half an hour and grind them to a fine paste. Soak the cashew nuts in water..
- In a kadai/pan take about 2 tablespoons of oil and once the oil is hot, add the bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom, peppercorns, star anise and cumin seeds..
- Add the onions, cashew nuts and saute them for a few minutes till the onion turns translucent and turn off the flame. Let the mixture cool down and transfer the onion and spices to the blender. Make a smooth paste..
- To the same kadai, add about 1 tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken along with the marinade to the kadai and saute the chicken..
- Now, add the onion paste mixture to kadai and cover and cook the chicken in its own juices. You can add ½ cup of water if required..
- Continue cooking till you see oil leaving the sides of the pan. Add water and let it simmer till you achieve the desired consistency..
- You can also add fresh cream for a creamier texture. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice, naan or fried rice..
If you find this Chicken korma recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.