Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be good for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. To cook caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) you need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- Use 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 1 of chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- Take to taste of Salt and white pepper,.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock AND 3 cups of water.
- Provide 1 pound of (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****.
Steps to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min.
- Serve with bread if desired.
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens.
If you find this Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.