Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Vitality.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This can be a problem, however, when it comes to eating between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
While searching for a convenient wholesome snack, don’t forget about yogurt. The truth is, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. You can’t beat yogurt any time it comes to a wholesome snack though. Along with calcium, it is a good supplier of aminoacids and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work properly depending upon the culture used to create it. Yogurt mixes beautifully with nuts along with seeds. It’s an easy way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade split pea soup with ham recipe. To cook homemade split pea soup with ham you need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Prepare 1 bag of split dried peas rinsed very well (I do not soak my split peas overnight).
- Use 1-2 of medium to large carrots cleaned and chopped into round nickel size.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery cleaned and diced, I do not dice the white or the leaf stalks of the celery. I toss in the diced and the rest using them for flavour.
- Take of Option: ham (I cubed for her) I prefer no meat, although ham adds flavour.
- Provide 2 of medium boxes : I do not measure : I covered the peas with Organic Low Sodium Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet onion diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Use of Milk about 1 to 1-1/2 cups.
- Get Dash of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.. I used kosher salt and fresh ground peppet.
Instructions to make Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Using a large heavy gage pot. I used about 1/4 cup of olive oil..
- I allowed the pot get hot, poured out n rinsed split peas with diced carrots, onion, garlic, all of the celery pieces.
- Sauté until the vegetables are almost tender. Pour in slowly both boxes of low sodium chicken broth. Stir,.
- Place heat on medium high until it almost boils. Turn heat on low, allow to cook, about 20 minutes.
- Option: I like mine creamy, I use unsweetened almond milk. My friend brought skim milk..
- Once the soup is almost finished I like to use an Emersion hand blender to help thicken my soup.
- Option: I like a teaspoon full of A good plain green yogurt on top.
- Last but not least Enjoy 😊.
If you find this Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.