Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Tamale Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Tamale Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
You can see results without removing foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. In time, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to return to your old diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beef tamale pie recipe. To make beef tamale pie you need 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef Tamale Pie:
- Take of ground beef.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- Use of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare of can whole kernel corn, drained.
- You need of ~For the sauce.
- Prepare of cans enchilada sauce.
- Use of ground cumin.
- Provide of salt.
- Use of chili powder.
- Get of dried oregano.
- Take of ~For the masa dough.
- Provide of masa harina.
- Prepare of chicken broth or water.
- You need of oil (corn oil is the norm, but you can use veg).
- Get of salt.
- Take of baking powder.
Instructions to make Beef Tamale Pie:
- In a large Sautee pan over medium heat begin cooking ground beef and onion together, crumbling meat into large pieces. Meanwhile drain and rinse black beans and corn in a large colander. When no pink remains in beef drain in colander over corn and beans. Leave set aside..
- Return empty pan to heat. Add all ingredients for sauce. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Add colander contents to sauce. Stir to coat. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes uncovered..
- While sauce simmers, in a medium bowl mix all contents for masa dough until well combined. Note: You should have a firm yet moist dough that sticks together and could form a ball. If it's too dry add a little more water a tbs at a time. If it's too wet add a little more masa a tbs at a time..
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Press a little less than 2/3 of the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 2qt casserole dish. Fill with meat mixture..
- Spread remaining masa dough over the top to cover. It actually works best to form chunks of dough into patties by hand and lay across the top evenly, then pinch seams closed..
- Cover dish with foil. Place in oven and bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. When done, remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes. Top with desired garnishes – cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, etc – and enjoy!.
If you find this Beef Tamale Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.