Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
If you’re looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run may be more healthy with whole grain chips and crackers. Make the modification from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily available. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. To make caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) you only need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- You need 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Use 1 of chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds.
- Get 1 of large onion, diced.
- Get to taste of Salt and white pepper,.
- Use 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken stock AND 3 cups of water.
- Use 1 pound of (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****.
Instructions to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min.
- Serve with bread if desired.
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens.
If you find this Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.