Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, just making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you most likely choose lots of items out of habit. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup recipe. You can have hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- Prepare of Dark-meat chicken 2lbs (I prefer bone on to later make bone broth).
- Prepare of Onion- 1/2 large, 1 whole small.
- You need of Carrots- 2 whole peeled, thin circle slices.
- Use of Celery- 2 whole stalks diced.
- Prepare of Garlic- 2-4 cloves (or however much you prefer), chopped.
- Get 3 cups of veggies of your choice (I used left over corn, peas, spinach, and mushrooms).
- You need of Wild Rice- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal-prep).
- Take of Black Beans- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal prep).
Steps to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- In our house, all soups start with the same basic formula (onion, celery, carrot, garlic and bone broth- Love ya mom!). Gather these ingredients and find a heavy pot (we use a cast iron stock pot), but use what you have..
- Prepare your protein (chicken in this case) by searing it in butter or any oil you choose covered (in the soup pot if you want to save on dishes!). This step helps the protein to retain its natural moisture content and prevent that rubbery texture of say…of boiled chicken, yuck!.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool. Toss it into a bowl, plate etc..
- Add a bit more butter/oil to the pot, set to medium heat and toss in the diced onion, carrot, celery till tender (5 mins or so), then add chopped garlic for a minute or two… stirring so it doesn't burn. We stay on medium heat for the rest of the process..
- Add stock. Add leftovers. Add chicken. Add spices and whatever else you want to the pot..
- Simmer for a few… 10-20 minutes depending on what you had for leftovers. Taste test. Serve hot. (Maybe with an ice cube for the littles).
- Enjoy with fam..
If you find this Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.