Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Snack foods.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for treats between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Whole grain foods are an superb choice for a fast wholesome snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch. When you have to have a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You do not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- Get of The Stock.
- Use 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Provide 2 of onions, halved.
- Use 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- Take 2 of celery stalks.
- Provide of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Take 10 cups of water.
- Use of For the Onions and Soup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare of The strained Stock.
- Use to taste of salt and pepper.
- Get 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Use 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- Get of Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover.
- Prepare of Cook and assemble.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.