Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Baked Sardines recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Sardines recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Sardines recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can obtain results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. Even more crucial than wholly altering your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked sardines recipe. To make baked sardines you only need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Sardines:
- Get 1 lb of sardines, cleaned.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Get to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 good pinch of greek oregano.
- Take 1 good pinch of dried thyme.
- Use 4 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- You need to taste of crushed red pepper flakes or paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon, juice only.
Instructions to make Baked Sardines:
- Preheat oven to about 200 c..
- Salt the sardines overnight with rock salt..
- Rinse under cold running water..
- Then layer sardines in a baking dish and season with black pepper..
- Then whisk the olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic, red pepper flakes or paprika and lemon juice in a small bowl until well combined..
- Pour over the sardines and then let it sit for about 30 minutes so the sardines absorb the flavours..
- Then transfer the baking dish to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes. Add a splash of water to the dish if it becomes dry at any point..
- Serve immediately. Enjoy with some crusty bread..
If you find this Baked Sardines recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.