Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
One of the most popular snacks is low fat yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch isn’t a good idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the greatest things you can reach for. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the physical body to digest and, depending on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. This decreases your sugar absorption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef & tomato stuffed peppers w/ yogurt sauce recipe. You can have beef & tomato stuffed peppers w/ yogurt sauce using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce:
- Get 2 of green bell peppers; split vertically.
- Take 10 of vine ripe tomatoes; large dice.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic; slivered.
- You need 1 of yellow onion; large dice.
- Take 1 stalk of celery; large dice.
- Take 1/4 lb of spicy ground pork sausage.
- You need 1/4 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 C of long grain rice.
- Take 2 t of herbes de provence.
- Take 1/4 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- You need 1 T of balsamic vinegar.
- Provide 1 oz of merlot.
- You need 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 C of grated parmigiano reggiano.
- You need of kosher salt & black pepper; as needed.
- Take of olive oil; as needed.
Instructions to make Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce:
- Sauce; 1 C greek yogurt, 2 t dried lemon peel, 2 T honey. Mix all ingredients together and stir..
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove seeds and core of bell peppers with your hands. Toss with olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Par roast peppers for 20 minutes. Lower oven to 375° after removing par roasted peppers from the oven..
- Combine rice with 1 C water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat but do not uncover for atleast 5 minutes..
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat. Mix ground beef and ground pork together. Season mixture with salt, pepper, half the herbes de provence. Brown beef in pan..
- Lay celery and onions atop the meat. When first side of meat begins to brown, add crushed pepper flakes and stir..
- When meat is nearly completely browned add tomaties, garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir. Add the remaining herbs herbs de provence with a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes start breaking down. When the tomatoes tart to release their juices, add merlot. Simmer 10 minutes..
- Add sugar and balsamic vinegar. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, vinegar, or sugar as desired. Simmer 2 minutes..
- Place rice in a large mixing bowl. When cool enough to handle add beef mixture little by little until you achieve your own desired ratio of beef to rice..
- Stuff each bell pepper and top with cheese. Place on lower rack in oven. Bake for approximately 15 minutes for a crisp pepper or 25-30 minutes for a softer pepper..
- Serve with plenty of yogurt sauce.
- Variations; Marinara, tomato puree or sauce, tarragon, fennel, fennel seeds, celery seed, worchestershire, shallots, habanero, paprika, Italian seasoning, roasted and diced bell peppers or tomatoes, roasted garlic, smoked or roasted chiles, cream cheese, goat cheese, lime, spinach, zucchini, romano, gruyere, parmesean, olives, mushrooms,.
If you find this Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.