Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Caramelized Apple Upside Down Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caramelized Apple Upside Down Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caramelized apple upside down cake recipe. To make caramelized apple upside down cake you only need 13 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Caramelized Apple Upside Down Cake:
- Provide of (Caramelized Apples).
- You need 2 of Apples.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Lemon juice (omit if you are using Jonathan or Kogyoku apples).
- You need 100 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Water.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Rum.
- Use of (Batter).
- You need 100 grams of Butter.
- Take 80 grams of Soft light brown sugar.
- Take 2 of Eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Milk.
- Get 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
Instructions to make Caramelized Apple Upside Down Cake:
- Bring the butter and eggs for the batter to room temperature..
- Make the caramelized apples: Peel and core the apples and cut into 16 wedges..
- Put the apple slices in a heatproof container, sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 6 minutes at 500W, stirring the apples every 2 minutes..
- Mix the granulated sugar and water together in a frying pan and heat on medium..
- Cook while stirring occasionally with a wooden spatula until the sugar becomes caramale colored. Once it starts to color, it changes very quickly so be careful..
- Add the apple slices with the juices (the caramel will splatter, so be careful). Add the rum also. Simmer over medium heat while making sure the caramel coats the apple slices evenly..
- Mix occasionally so that the liquid coats the apples, until it's reduced to about 1 to 2 tablespoons or so..
- Butter the cake pan, pour the liquid in first, then line the bottom with the apple slices. See steps 9 and 10 for how to layer the apple slices..
- Combine 3 slices of apple and put in the middle. Place 6 slices around that, layering them on each other..
- Keep layering the apple slices, overlapping them slightly. See the "how to layer the apple slices" instructions below..
- Make the batter. Add the soft brown sugar to the softened butter, and cream together well..
- Add the beaten eggs in 3 batches, mixing well each time so that the batter doesn't split between additions. Add the milk and mix well so that the batter doesn't split..
- Sift the cake flour and baking powder together as you add them to the batter, and mix in completely..
- Pour the batter into the cake pan over the apples, and level it out with a spatula. If you tap the pan (the usual method for leveling out cake batter) the layered apple slices will shift around..
- Bake in a preheated 170°C oven for 35 to 40 minutes. If a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean, it's done..
- Leave to cool in the cake tin. When it has cooled down a bit, place a board on top and flip it over to remove from the tin. Leave as is until the caramel has solidified..
- Layer the apple slices, like this so that the top part of each slice will be on the surface when you turn the cake upside down..
- This way of layering them is easier, but it doesn't look as nice since the core part of the top half of each slice will be hidden..
If you find this Caramelized Apple Upside Down Cake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.