Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything instantly or that you should completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy thai basil stir-fry (pad kapow) recipe. You can have spicy thai basil stir-fry (pad kapow) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow):
- Use of Minced Meat/ Ground Meat- About 500g should be okay, any mince is fine I like using Pork.
- Get of Lots of Garlic- Probably a whole head if that's what it's called.
- Use of Chillis (I always use Birds Eye chillis)- Use as many as you like. You know what you can handle.
- Take of Lemongrass- About.
- Prepare of Holy or Thai Basil- A handful of the leaves.
- Get of Dark Soy Sauce.
- Get of Sugar.
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare of Light Soy Sauce-.
Instructions to make Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow):
- Start by peeling the head garlic. It's an annoying job and what I usually just do is crush it then the skin comes straight off, it doesn't really matter that we're crushing it because we're going to chop it anyway..
- Cut the stem off the chillis and roughing chop them up but not too finely..
- Cut the lemongrass in half and roughly chop that too..
- Combine the lemongrass, chilli and garlic and start mincing them all together until they're all roughly the same size pieces, put it into a bowl and it's time to cook!.
- On medium heat pour your oil and add the mixture we minced earlier, don't fry too much just gently heat up until fragrant..
- Before everything starts crisping up and browning add the meat, turn the heat up to mid/high and begin stir-frying until the minced pork has cooked..
- Now it's time to add everything else, pour the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, a spoon of sugar and keep stir-frying..
- Now depending on what kind of basil you bought this can go either way. If you bought the frozen basil put the cubes in and keep stir-frying until they've defrosted and you can smell the basil-y aroma. If you have fresh basil which I recommend getting then turn off the heat and add your basil leaves no stems they're way too firm and give it a little toss and you're done..
- Serve with rice and a fried egg and you're done!.
If you find this Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.