Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roasted Cod recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Cod recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making some modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted cod recipe. You can have roasted cod using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Cod:
- Take 750 g of salted cod.
- You need 1 of Green pepper.
- Get 1 of red pepper.
- Provide 3 of small onions.
- Use 3 of tomatoes.
- Provide 2 of large eggs.
- Use 10 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare as needed of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Black olives, pits removed.
Steps to make Roasted Cod:
- Start by desalting the cod over a period of 24 hours. Put the cod in a bowl of fresh cold water. Change the water every couple of hours to remove the salt..
- Once the cod is desalted, bring a pot of fresh water to boiling point and add in the cod and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the cod from the water and set aside once cooked..
- Peel then slice the potatoes into roughly 1cm slices..
- Using the same water the cod cooked in, add just a small pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Cook the potatoes for about 5 minutes, then remove from the water and set aside..
- Next prepare the rest of the vegetables (keep them separate). For the peppers cut in half, discard the seeds then slice them longways. For the onions, peel and cut in half then slice. Finally the tomatoes cut in quarters then roughly chop..
- Preheat oven to 180c..
- Using just your fingers break the cod steaks into smaller pieces and remove any fish bones..
- In an oven proof dish add in half of the sliced potatoes. I like to line them perfectly so they are not overlapping..
- Then add half of the cod..
- Next add half of the tomatoes, onions, peppers and a small handful of olives. Drizzle with a little olive oil (you'll probably need about 3-4 tablespoons of olive at this point)..
- Repeat steps 7,8 and 9..
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top layer has a nice golden colour..
- While that's baking, hard boil the eggs and then let them cool enough to handle then remove the shell and slice them in circles..
- Once the cod and potatoes are cooked remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes then add the sliced eggs..
- While the cod is resting prepare a lettuce and tomato side salad then serve along side it..
If you find this Roasted Cod recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.