Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato & Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato & Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato & bacon soup recipe. You can have potato & bacon soup using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato & Bacon Soup:
- You need 2 lb of Idaho potatoes; peeled & medium dice.
- You need 1 lb of bacon; small dice.
- You need 1 of carrot; peeled & medium dice.
- Prepare 1 of white onion; medium dice.
- Get 1 stalk of celery; medium dice.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves; creamed.
- Take 2 t of herbes de provence.
- Use 48 oz of chicken stock.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 C of heavy cream.
- Get 1/2 C of grated parmigiano reggiano.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- Provide as needed of sour cream.
Steps to make Potato & Bacon Soup:
- Place chicken stock and bay leaves in a seperate saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce by 1/3..
- Slowly render bacon fat on medium-low heat until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and pat dry between paper towels. Reserve..
- Add celery, carrots, and onions with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Sweat on medium-low heat until veggies begin to soften, about 5-8 minutes..
- Add potatoes. Season with herbes de provence, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes..
- Add garlic. Cook 1 minute..
- Heat heavy cream to a simmer in a seperate saucepot..
- Add chicken stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes..
- Remove bay leaves. Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender. (Puree 3/4 of the soup if you want some bite).
- Add heavy cream. Stir to combine..
- Add cheese slowly while whisking..
- Simmer 5 minutes. Do not boil. (If you want a thicker soup, a roux or slurry can be added).
- Add 3/4 of the bacon to the soup..
- Garnish with sour cream and bacon..
- Variations; leeks, milk, kale, spinach, corn, paprika, smoked paprika, cheddar, roasted red bell pepper, roasted garlic, chives, scallions, peppercorn melange, butter, Italian seasoning, rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, basil, applewood seasoning, asiago, asparagus, broccoli, tarragon, dill, cilantro, coconut, dried onion soup mix, milk, canola oil, vegetable oil, vegetable stock, beer, white wine, white pepper, celery root, celery seed, turnips, butternut squash, acorn squash, lemon,.
- Horseradish, zucchini, green beans, creme fraiche, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, cardamom, capers, swiss, gruyere, parmesean, romano, fontina, cumin, curry, fennel, marjoram, mint, ground mustard, jalapeño, poblano, habanero, peas, saffron, savory, shallots, white wine vinegar.
If you find this Potato & Bacon Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.