Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
You can obtain results without having to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai massaman chicken curry recipe. You can cook thai massaman chicken curry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai Massaman Chicken Curry:
- Prepare 250 g of chicken, cut into long strips.
- Take 2 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste.
- Use 1 of onion chopped in big chunks.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- Provide 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Use 2-3 of grated palm sugar (or brown sugar).
- Get 2 tbsp of tamarind.
- You need 1 of medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 4-5 tablespoons of unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer).
- Use 1 of star anise.
- Use 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Provide 1 of big red chilli, finely sliced.
Instructions to make Thai Massaman Chicken Curry:
- In a big saucepan, add about 3-4 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add Massaman curry paste in and mix well. Wait until some beautiful red oil separated from the curry paste..
- Add chicken in and stir for 2-3 min. Then add star anise and cinnamon stick in the curry and mix in well..
- Add onion and potatoes in, mix all well and add the rest of your coconut milk in..
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. You can add some more fishsauce, palm sugar or tamarind if you prefer. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts, red chilli and stir well..
- Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too. Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice..
If you find this Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.